Some countries insist that the person in charge of a pleasure vessel must hold a certificate of competence. This can be obtained in two ways. Attend an RYA Powerboat Level two course. This will automatically entitle you to the an ICC for vessels up to 10 metres in length. Alternatively you may wish to be tested by direct assessment without attending the course. If this is the case you should ensure that your knowledge of the collision regulations and understanding of charts and chartwork are good.

ICC application form


For those of you going into the European inland waterways system it is mandatory for you to hold an ICC with and inland endorsement. This can be gained by sitting a short theory test on the inland waterways rules and regulations.

Knowledge of these can be gained from the RYA publication International Certificate of Competence CEVNI rules. Study this book for about a week before sitting the test.







How to book

We have courses running every week, all year round.

Due to our tailor made service we do not publish a program.

Please contact us to join on to one of our next courses with space available or arrange dates to suit your circumstances any day of the week.

For further information please email us at:
info@boattraining.co.uk or call us on 07905 963353

Download Booking Form

Booking Form

Please note all booking forms must be completed and sent in the post with your course fee to confirm your place.

All pages optimised for printing © Guardian Marine Training Services 2010
site by: crow design
Validates current web standards: XHTML CSS